Poser Police 911
Please register/login whereas not all items are viewable by guests.

This forum is designed to inform and educate the public of celebrity posers on the internet. Our goal is to help people prevent themselves from becoming a victim and learn how to help others who are being victimized by posers.

HomeCalenderRegisterLog in

Share | 

Could I be in a relationship with a poser?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverMoon
Step #10: Continuing to improve myself.

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:26 am

All posers are different but here are some things to consider if you think you might be involved with a poser.

1. They have a lot of drama in their life and they make you believe that you are the only one who can “fix” it.

2. They are extremely clingy.

3. They use things you’ve said against you in their lies. For example, one day you say that you are afraid of spiders, the next day they tell a story about how they found a huge spider in their house and give you all kinds of details about it. (This is just a random example I came up with.)

4. They put you on a pedestal showering you with I love yous, gifts, poems, and songs. They are a girl’s “dream guy” because a lot of times it will be a woman posing as a man. They are extremely romantic, which makes you even more vulnerable because you start falling for the person. What girl doesn’t love romance and suddenly you meet someone who knows how to pull it off better than any guy you’ve ever met.

5. They cannot offer solid proof as to who they are behind the screen. They might call you, but the voice will be disguised. They might email official documents, but they will be fake. This happened to me. Any pictures that are sent will be photo shopped.

Basically, if anyone who you are talking to online cannot get onto a web cam in “real time,” they may or may not be who they say they are. That’s why it’s so important to keep your guard up at all times. You have to be just as careful online as you would be with strangers in person.
This may sound silly but a lot of people still do this: Do not give out your phone number, full name, address, passwords, or any other personal information to anyone online who you don’t know in person. It’s a good idea to never give your passwords to anyone.

Don’t be subjected to the mind of the poser. They get a thrill out of getting you to believe they are someone they aren’t. They have all of the control in the situation and you have none. Take back your life by not believing in someone who always has an excuse for not visiting, calling, or being on a web cam.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Queen of Posers

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:35 am

Nicely written! I really enjoyed reading this! You've been paying attention to our discussions! Very Happy

SilverMoon

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:59 am

Rachel wrote:
Nicely written! I really enjoyed reading this! You've been paying attention to our discussions! Very Happy

Thank you! Yes, I have learned a lot from the discussions and from what happened to me. I hope that our experiences help others, so they don't find themselves in the same situation, or if they do, they can get out quick.
Back to top Go down
ScottishBSBFan
Step #6: I am ready to take on the challenge.
Step #6: I am ready to take on the challenge.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 am

Good article, I agree. Its sad the way they work... drama is a key element I think, from what I know... everyone should have a web cam to prove who they are, there should be like some initiative that provids web cams with computers or something but of course sometimes it can be dodgy having a web cam, it depends on what people use them for(!) ew... some laptops come with built in web cams too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am

You've got this one to a T.

Bingo x100. study
Back to top Go down
SilverMoon

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:43 pm

bsbfan2929 wrote:
You've got this one to a T.

Bingo x100. study

Thank you. Unfortunately, I learned most of it the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Carter-Orange

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:27 pm

I remember talking to Nizzlestime and asking him to switch his web cam on, he said it was broken. As if the real Nick Carter would not be able to afford to get it fixed!!

When we used to be talking in group chats, I'd say to the girls to ask him about the web cam, but not one of them had to courage to ask. I didn't give a shit though and I'd just come out and say it to him. Another excuse was that he wasn't dressed, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nowornever.aforumfree.com
Rachel
Queen of Posers

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Carter-Orange wrote:
I remember talking to Nizzlestime and asking him to switch his web cam on, he said it was broken. As if the real Nick Carter would not be able to afford to get it fixed!!

When we used to be talking in group chats, I'd say to the girls to ask him about the web cam, but not one of them had to courage to ask. I didn't give a shit though and I'd just come out and say it to him. Another excuse was that he wasn't dressed, lol.

LMAO! He wasn't dressed?! HAHAHAHAHA! Like that would even matter to the real Nick. Not like we could see his entire body.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could I be in a relationship with a poser?   

Back to top Go down

Could I be in a relationship with a poser?
Page 1 of 1